I am still helping my daughter with her college grant applications. I didn't know untill recently that you need a college degree to fill all of this stuff out correctly. There are so many of them and so many questions. Plus the esays and referals they need to turn in with them. They really want you to work for what you get that is for sure.
She changes her mind on what she wants to do on a regular basis. She started out wanting to be a counsilor, then changed to inteior design. Now she is talking about gettin her RN degree or atleast something in the medical field. Oh or wait maybe an elementry school teacher. I'm sure it will change a dozen more times before she makes her final desicion, but that is ok with me as long as she goes to college.
My middles son is serving an ACR today. I don't even know what that stands for. When I was in high school forever ago it was caleed ISS. No matter the name he is serving a day of in school suspension. He is a good kid at school he has perfect attendance, good grades and does not have any dissaplin problems. Shouldn't this be taken into consideration when they are punished for something someone else did. A boy that sits near him in class coppied off his paper. He does not know this boy other than he sits near him. He was unaware of the boy was doing. I could understand if it was him and one of his buddies sitting there with their heads together trading answers, but come on shouldn't they get the benifit of the doubt every once in a while.
Now even though he has perfect attendance and good grades he will have to take his finalls because you also have to have good behavior. Up untill now the only problem he has had all year was chewing gum in class.
Ok I am finished venting for now.
Friday, April 3, 2009
College Grants
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment